This is a famous dessert of china.
|Pecan nut (shelled)
|Vegetable oil /peanut oil
- In a small pan boil the pecan in water over high heat, reduce heat and simmer for one mins.
- Remove from heat and drain the water. Add sugar to it and mix until coated.
- With a spoon spread it on a sheet of wax paper. Dry it for 30 mins .
- In a wok heat oil and fry the pecan for 1-2 mins until sugar coats the nuts with a rich brown glaze. Cool them.
- Shell the chestnut and roast them for 10 mins in a preheated oven at 425 c, after cutting the top of each chestnut into a crisscross along with water just enough to fill the bottom of baking tray.
- Remove from oven and with a sharp knife peel and remove the inner brown membrane while still hot.
- In a pan add brown sugar and water followed by shell chestnut and mix them so as to coat with sugar and water.
- Simmer and cook them undisturbed for 45 mins. Cool them down.
- Puree the chestnut into a smooth paste.
- With a whisk whip the cream and sugar in a large bowl until the cream is stiff.
- Spoon the whip cream into a cone shaped mound on a chilled serving platter. Sprinkle the chestnut puree over the cream masking it completely.
- Arrange the glazed pecan on the edge of the platter. Serve at one