It is a colourful treat made up of mangoes and lychees filled in steamed dumplings.
|Lychees (peeled, seeded)
- In a bowl add the milk ,water , baking powder, sugar and mix well.
- Add the flour to it and make a soft dough and keep it aside in a warm place for an hour.
- Peel and chop half the mango pulp along with the lychees and ground almonds and let stand for about 20 mins.
- Blend the remaining mango together with orange juice into a smooth puree.
- Divide dough into 16 equal pieces and roll each piece into 3 inch rounds.
- Spoon the mango lychee mixture in the centre and bring the dough around the fruit to the top to make a purse.
- Steam them in a steamer for 20-25 mins.
- Dust with cinnamon powder and icing sugar .
- Serve with mango sauce,