Wonton sheets are filled with a variety of fillings and then steamed. Minced pork is being used in this recipe.
|Pork (lean, minced)
|Spring onions (chopped)
|Bamboo shoots (chopped)
||50gms/ 1 1/3 oz
|Soy sauce( light)
|Rice wine/ dry sherry
|Egg white (lightly beaten)
||4 1/2 tsp
- In a bowl mix the minced pork, onions, bamboo shoots, soy sauce,chinese wine, sesame oil ,sugar and egg white until well corporate.
- Stir in the cornflour mixing well.
- Place a portion of the mixture in the centre of each wonton wrapper and lightly brush the edges of the wrapper with water.
- Bring the wrappers together in the centre, pinching together to gather at the top.
- Steam them in a dim sum steamer. Steam for 5-7 mins until cooked through.
- Serve hot.