It is a dessert made with alternative layers of sweet rice and chestnut puree along with nuts.
|Dry dates (pitted, chopped)
|Glace cherry (halved)
|Light brown suigar
||4 1/2 tsp
||1 1/2 tsp
- In a saucepan, take cold water and add rice. Bring to boil and simmer for 15mins until the water is absorbed. Then mix in butter and sugar.
- Grease a pudding basin and cover the base and sides with a thin layer of rice pressing it with the back of a spoon.
- Mix the fruit and nuts together and press it into the rice using a spoon.
- Spread a thick layer of rice and fill the centre with chestnut puree. Cover with remaining rice.
- Cover with a greaseproof paper and foil. Secure with a string and place in a steamer for 45 mins. Let it stand for ten minutes.
- Before serving, dissolve the sugar for the syrup in the water and orange juice over a gentle heat. Bring to boil and add cornflour paste to it.
- Turn out the pudding, pour the syrup on top and serve.