|Log grain white rice
||4500 ml / 4.5 liter
|Chicken Thigh Boneless
|| 30 g
|Spring onion (sliced)
|| 30 g
|Peanut toasted (crushed)
- Take water in a pot and add crushed ginger to it and bring to boil.
- Add boneless chicken thigh to it and simmer until chicken gets cooked.
- Remove the chicken from stock and keep to cool then cut into cubes.
- Remove the ginger from the liquid and discard.
- Add the rice to boiling water and keep on stirring to avoid the sticking of grains together, when it boils live it on simmering temperature.
- Rice will become tender after simmering for 25 - 30 minutes then add the fish sauce and salt. If required adjust the consistency of cooked rice (congee) with water.
- Add the chicken cubes to the congee
- Sprinkle the condiments over the rice and serve hot.
Note - Congee should be of soupy texture.