These are delicious rice puddings with a wonderful combination of ginger , honey and cinnamon flavour.
|Stem ginger (chopped)
|Dried apricots (soaked, chopped)
- In a saucepan, take rice and add enough water so as to just cover it. Bring to boil and reduce the heat and cover it and cook for 15 mins until water has been absorbed.
- Add the cinnamon and honey to the rice.
- Lightly grease 4 ramekin dishes(150 ml).
- Make a paste of apricot and ginger and divide into four equal portions and flatten each out so that it fits into the circumference of the ramekin dish.
- Fill each dish with half rice first followed by the apricot paste and then again with some rice.
- Cover it with a grease proof paper and foil and steam in a steamer for 30 mins.
- Let it stand for 5 mins after taking it out of the steamer.
- Turn the puddings out of the moulds and drizzle with clear honey.
- Serve chilled with cream or ice cream.