These are wontone feeled with sweet dry fruit which are then deep fried and served as a sweet relish.
|Oil (deep frying)
|Dry dates (chopped, stoned)
|Dark brown sugar
|| 1/2 tsp
- In bowl mix chopped dates, sugar and cinnamon for filling.
- Spread the wonton wrappers and spoon out little of the filling in the centre of each.
- Brush the edge with corn flour paste and fold the wrappers over the filling, bringing the edges together, then bringing the two corners together sealing it.
- Heat oil in wok and fry the wontons in batches for 2-3 mins until golden.
- Place honey in bowl and stand it in warm water until it has become quite runny.
- Drizzle the honey over the wontons and serve immediately.